PDA

View Full Version : My Preparation Experience Of FCPS Part 1 Examination.

Naveed
05-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Hello EveryBody!

I cleared my FCPS Part 1 exam in October 2008. It has been quite a while since then. But now I feel like starting first thread at CPSP forum by posting my preparation experience.

Every body has different experiences about their exam preparation.
In my opinion one can clear it in a normal preparation of 3 to 4 months.
The books I used are

Kaplan Anatomy (1 reading)
Kaplan Physio(special emphasis on Renal and Endo Physiology ) (2 readings)
Goljan Patho (Selective Chapters and 1 reading)
High Yield Embryo 1st edition (40 to 50 pages edition) (cover to cover 2 to 3 readings)
Snell Review of Gross Anatomy (2 readings)
First Aid to USMLE Step 1 (Outstanding Book)
Pharma and Microbiology from First Aid. (More than enough)
80% of the Medicine paper is usually from 1st Aid.

I gave superficial readings on all the books above and did important additions from these books in the first aid.
i finished the superficial readings in the first month and did additions in First Aid.
In the last one and half month I had only first Aid as my study material.
I gave 10 to 12 readings of First Aid in the last month.

And last but not the least, I collected the past papers pool from the blogs on internet, solved them and memorized those questions by heart.
I memorized Murad by heart.

My advise is that collect the past papers pool , save them in ur computer and review them daily once or twice. So that in exams when u get the questions from that pool u can easily mark the right answer without any further thoughts.
So after first readings from the books, Keep ur emphasis on First Aid and the MCQs. Murad and the past papers. I had nearly 700 questions other than murad from the pool of FCPS.

I advise every one to Collect them, Solve them and memorize them all.
Giving 1 serious reading to the course, Memorizing First Aid, Murad and Past papers maximizes ur chances of succeeding in the exam.
And Most Important of them all, Pray, pray and pray a lot.

Keep ur fingers crossed.

adnanchoudhry
05-22-2009, 02:01 AM
Thanks for your time naveed;)

dr_raheel_baloch
05-23-2009, 07:58 AM
@ Dr. Naveed
Can u plz upload all those 700 MCQs........

Naveed
05-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Dear Dr. Raheel Baloch,

I cannot upload all 700 MCQs here. But If u really need them, u can give me your email address and I can send you the website link from where I downloaded all those questions.

Believe me you cram all those questions and you always have a good chance to clear the exam. Because there are many repeats in every FCPS exam from the past papers.

dr_raheel_baloch
05-23-2009, 05:58 PM
Thnx for reply.
Dr_raheel_baloch@hotmail.com

Naveed
05-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Done! I have sent the website URLs on your email address. You can surf these links and download the Questions you want.

Thank You!!;)

ata
05-28-2009, 03:10 PM
hey...

i think its a gr8 help of sharing ur experience regd fcps prep..im planning to give my fcps part1 in this october,,i gave my step1 a month ago and i also plan to give my step 2 this year hopefully..i want to give my fcps in paeds so will be the kaplan enough for paeds..secondly where do i get hold of these past papers..?

Naveed
05-29-2009, 11:52 AM
InshaAllah u will do well. For FCPS in Paeds, u have to take the exam in subject of medicine and allied. Yes Kaplan is enough for Medicine fcps exam. No FCPS paper is out of Kaplan.

ata
06-01-2009, 06:45 PM
thanx again naveed for your reply..:)

dr.aisha
06-12-2009, 09:06 PM
dr.naveed,
i shall be thankful if u give me the urls from where u get the past questions..

Naveed
06-14-2009, 02:01 PM
IF U perform a search on google by writing "fcps past papers" the first link which u will get is the blog which has all the fcps past papers.

they are unsolved but u have got to solve them by urselves.

DJaziz
06-25-2009, 06:53 AM
Assalam u Alaikum Dr.Naveed!
Congratulations on ur success.
Can u send me the FCPS-1 Past papers @ dr.jaziz@live.com

Naveed
06-30-2009, 04:38 PM
I have sent an email on ur address. Please kindly check ur inbox.

israian
07-02-2009, 10:07 AM
Thanx, plz send me as well
@ *****************

centrino
07-15-2009, 05:56 PM
FCPS-1 past papers including june 2009 solved with explanations!

http://fcps1.wordpress.com

NaeemMajeed
07-18-2009, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the link centrino :)

sehrish
08-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Dear Dr. Raheel Baloch,

I cannot upload all 700 MCQs here. But If u really need them, u can give me your email address and I can send you the website link from where I downloaded all those questions.

Believe me you cram all those questions and you always have a good chance to clear the exam. Because there are many repeats in every FCPS exam from the past papers.

pls send me link also at
qismz@yahoo.com

adnanchoudhry
08-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Thanks for your precious time Naveed.

DJ_Soomro
08-13-2009, 07:07 AM
hi ,
please can u send me those 700 Mcqs @

drsoomro6@gmail.com

DJ_Soomro
08-31-2009, 12:10 PM
Asalamoalaikum
dear frds !!!

OPTHALMOLOGY fcps-1 k liye koi specific books ya koi specif MCQs books ?

Naveed
08-31-2009, 04:28 PM
The Basic sciences course is same for all Part 1 examination. For Ophthalmology, give special emphasis on Anatomy, Physio and Pathology of the Eye ball. U can cover up all this from any good book. No specific books.

Ophthalmology exam is less competitive because less candidates apply for it. So if u do ur best, u have got every chance to clear it. Regarding the link of Past papers, past paper recalls are widely available now.

Just type "fcps past papers" in Google and u will get a list of many websites having past papers.

Recent news is that CPSP has asked all its fellows to come up with new questions as the pool of CPSP now has a big leak in it. They are trying to fill up the pool with new questions. But still u will find Murad and past papers quite handy.

DJ_Soomro
09-01-2009, 09:25 PM
thanks for ur reply ...

adnanchoudhry
09-05-2009, 11:22 AM
Mr. Soomro Please contact to Dr. Faisal.
He just passed FCPS-1 in OPHTH.

Email: faisal_pk3@yahoo.com

Cell: +92.333.2617069

Dr.samra
09-19-2009, 10:37 AM
ASALAMOALIKUM DR.NAVEED..
KINDLY SEND ME DOSE 700 MCQZ ..I SHALL B THANKFUL 2 U..samramasood_8@hotmail.com

Humayun
09-26-2009, 11:07 AM
pls also send me the link at humayun_sq @yahoo.com

drleena
09-30-2009, 05:13 AM
assalam-o-alecum, all friends, i m first time user of this forum , after seeing v. gud n supportive msgs. from all of u friends , i hope any one of u would supprt me too, i m just came back from step1 exam n hav my fcps exam in next week InshaAllah in medicine, i need some guidance ,at this stage what shud i read ,which mcqs which papers , as i hav mentioned tht. i hav given step1 so i hav just finished all kaplan lecture notes, now how shud i prepare for fcps ????????
please help me, i will be thankful to u ,thanx i advance.

drleena
09-30-2009, 05:15 AM
u were telling a link please will u send me tht. link for fcps 1 medicine too. will be thankful to u

drleena
09-30-2009, 05:17 AM
i forgot telling e-mail,gz_gzu@yahoo.com.
please send me those link dr naveed, wil be thankful to u

adnanchoudhry
10-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Kindly help them out Naveed and Good Luck for Step 1.

doc_girl
10-11-2009, 03:14 PM
i m preparing for fcps part 1 in medicine in jan,and i need a study partner,
if anyone wants to study i m here waiting ,,,
plz reply ..

adeel
10-11-2009, 03:25 PM
salaaam naveed bhai
can u plz email me the links of past fcps 1 papers
I shall be highly grateful to u
regards

dr.adeel

MSK
10-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Done! I have sent the website URLs on your email address. You can surf these links and download the Questions you want.

Thank You!!
@NAveed
referring to you post above,,,,

Kindly paste the URL adresses here...for the benefit of awanm un nass...and d entire part 1 community vd b much obliged :)
Thanks in advance
T.c:)

zeus
10-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Hello Naveed
I want to appear in FCPS part-1 exam in jan, 10. please send me the 700 MCQs along with the answers if possible. i ll be obliged for this.
regards
Tariq

Hello EveryBody!

I cleared my FCPS Part 1 exam in October 2008. It has been quite a while since then. But now I feel like starting first thread at CPSP forum by posting my preparation experience.

The books I used are

High Yield Embryo 1st edition (40 to 50 pages edition) (cover to cover 2 to 3 readings)

I gave superficial readings on all the books above and did important additions from these books in the first aid.
i finished the superficial readings in the first month and did additions in First Aid.

And last but not the least, I collected the past papers pool from the blogs on internet, solved them and memorized those questions by heart.

My advise is that collect the past papers pool , save them in ur computer and review them daily once or twice. So that in exams when u get the questions from that pool u can easily mark the right answer without any further thoughts.
So after first readings from the books, Keep ur emphasis on First Aid and the MCQs. Murad and the past papers. I had nearly 700 questions other than murad from the pool of FCPS.

Giving 1 serious reading to the course, Memorizing First Aid, Murad and Past papers maximizes ur chances of succeeding in the exam.

Keep ur fingers crossed.

dr.juni
10-24-2009, 05:24 AM
can please some one guide me for fcps 1 exam in anaesthesia. which books r recommended or highly promoted for the exams and any link or books for anaesthesia past papers MCQs.
looking forward for replies

zeus
10-28-2009, 06:18 PM
sehrish, can u please send me 700 MCQs on my address zeusmirza@yahoo.com. i ll be gratefull for ur help
regards
Dr Tariq

thesolo_101
10-31-2009, 05:07 PM
Hi friends!
if any body can send me those 700 MCQs I'll b thankful!
regards
thesolo101@yahoo.com

thesolo_101
10-31-2009, 05:35 PM
Hi and Salam Naveed Bhi!
am in a great fix about part 1, plz send me links for the past papers...
I'll be thankful...
thanx and regards
thesolo101@yahoo.com

dentistpeek
11-03-2009, 09:24 PM
dear dr, Naveed!
plz mail to me the link for 700 MCQ for FCPS part 1 prepartion, do you think it will also help the dental graduates in preparing for part 1 exams... thankx a million for this favor. for sure God will be rewarded you for this good deed
thanx again my email : dentist_71@hotmail.com

Naveed
11-23-2009, 01:09 AM
Sorry folks. Sorry every body. I was bit busy so couldn't reply on time.

I will paste the link of the website here. So you can download the question from this blog.

http://fcpspastpapers.blogspot.com

Sorry once again.

shazia
11-25-2009, 10:29 AM
i need sites from where i can download free past papers for fcps part 1...
can u tell me about those sites from where i can get past papers for dentistry

solace
02-01-2010, 01:47 AM
can u kindly email me the mcq pool too it ll be a huge help
thanks again

solace444@gmail.com

ahmed.xohaib
02-06-2010, 04:38 PM
m gonna take part 1 exam in may 2010 nd preparing for it.. need help from yu guys bout it.. can yu guys kindly send me past exams, those 700 questions nd ne helpful links at my email.. "ahmed.xohaib@gmail.com"
Thanks very much :)

sadiekays
02-09-2010, 09:07 AM
hello everyone.....
i am a really old graduate but have now decided to pursue an FCPS. i plan to sit in the Part one exam in MAy 2010. I would really appreciate a study partner or advice of any sort.
I would really appreciate if i was sent the 700 MCQs at this address : aleph_vav03@yahoo.com

DrAmara
02-13-2010, 10:15 PM
Hello everyone,

I am also preparing to sit for the exam in 2 months. I would greatly appreciate it if someone can send me the 700 questions at DrAmaraKhan@gmail.com

Also, can someone kindly advise me about where to get Murad and Azeem Shaikh and pool questions? Are they on the net anywhere? Thank you

sadiekays
02-15-2010, 06:07 PM
i think the 700 mcqs can be downloaded from the following site http://fcpspastpapers.blogspot.com/......
dr amara, azeem shaikh murad etc can be bought from any medical book shop in any of the major cities in pakistan. i being located in rawalpindi bought my study material from the book shop located in the RIPHAH medical university premises..... the person who mans the bookshop infact guides u regarding books to refer depending upon the exam u plan to sit.
best of luck studying

hasnain_143
02-21-2010, 05:35 PM
can someone please email me the links for online past papers plz help will be appreciated plz email me at

hasnain_143@hotmail.com

Thanx

doc.mia
04-24-2010, 06:29 PM
i need the mcqs as soon as possible plzzzzzzz email me at mariaghaffar@hotmail.com
;)

welldone
04-30-2010, 04:45 PM
aoa
me ne suna hai part one ke liye phale se hi subject choose karna parta hia mere samaj mai nahi aya plz koi help kar sakta hia is mai plz give me details about part one me ne choose ki hai patho
a pye url yahin kio nahi post kar dete hain plz yahin kar dain takee sab ko faida hu thnks so much

tahira
05-13-2010, 08:47 AM
hi !
i wanna know how to get past paper for part 1 in gynae.if any one has plz help.at following adress.dr.tahira1@gmail.com.if u have papers plz send it

tahira
05-13-2010, 08:54 AM
hi !
i wanna know how to get past paper for part 1 in gynae.if any one has plz help

drprada
05-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Please send me the MCQs pool also.
my email addy is tdwp247@yahoo.com
pls send them ASAP .
thanks in advance :-)

dr anum
05-25-2010, 07:00 PM
AOA
Thanks alot dr Naveed for sharing ur fcps Part 1 exam preparation experience with us.
it wl b quite helpful for beginners who r planning for how to start preparation.
can you plz send da link of past papers with solution.
i know u wll b bz bt u r the best guide here i found plz try to do this favour as soon as possible.:(:(:(:(
Hello EveryBody!

The books I used are

Keep ur fingers crossed.

Naveed
05-28-2010, 04:32 PM
Dr anam... Thanx for your thoughts and sorry for late reply as I have been a lot busy. CPSP these days does not rely on the old question pool they had. Although the pattern of part 1 questions is still the same and questionable sometimes but they have added a lot of new questions in their pool and they make sure that they don't give out questions from Murad and leaked out past papers. :)

luckestalways
06-10-2010, 11:49 PM
gee plz send me mcq that u have told
email
luckestalways@yahoo.com

zohal
06-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Aoa!
I am preparing for FCPS 1 surgery.can anyone plz guide me throu as to what i need to study for paper 2 n 4m where?
Thanks in anticipation.

adnanchoudhry
06-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Its better to do Anatomy for HY Series.. Otherwise, FCPS is very-unpredictable Exam and your-ground knowledge always help you in acing this Exam..

zohal
06-24-2010, 05:35 PM
kindly send me the mcq's pool. my email id is d.zohal_zahir@live.com.
thanks in anticipation

ghanibaloch85
07-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Dr. Naveed !
Please send me url for Past MCQs pool.
Dr. Abdul Ghani baloch
ghanibaloch85@yahoo.com

P_k_TuN
07-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Kindly send me the pool to following e-mail add
qaisarkhalil@hotmail.com
will be really thankful

arifa
08-04-2010, 07:25 AM
kindly send me the mcq pool to following email add:
rfa_farooq@hotmail.com
really thankful to you.

beachstones
08-22-2010, 08:07 PM
AOA,
Could u please send me the links of websites from where I can download past papers for part1. Thanx and prayers needed!

beachstones
08-22-2010, 08:13 PM
AOA!
plz send me the MCQ POOL on: beachstones@hotmail.com

beachstones
08-22-2010, 08:15 PM
AOA!
plz send me the MCQ POOL on: beachstones@hotmail.com. THANX!

beachstones
08-22-2010, 08:15 PM
AOA!
plz send me the MCQ POOL on: beachstones@hotmail.com. THANX!

bashir ahmad
09-01-2010, 05:05 AM
aoa!
dr. naveed will u plz send me those 700 questions?

bashir ahmad
09-01-2010, 05:13 AM
dr. naveed!
plz send me the link 4 those 700 questions.i will b thankfull 2 u.my e-mail address is ( bashir_shamim@yahoo.com)

drmianaziz
09-19-2010, 06:37 AM
drmianaziz@yahoo.com
this is my email address.kindly send link for mcqs
thanks

sarah sh
09-29-2010, 11:42 AM
i will b higly thankful if u send that 700 mcq pool at my address.my email is
fjite1@hotmail.com
thanks

TARIQ RIAZ
10-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Dear Dr. naveed

i need sites from where i can download free past papers for fcps part 1...
can u tell me about those sites from where i can get past papers for dentistry . i m waiting for your promote replay.
thanks in advance awaiting for your reply
Dr. Tariq Riaz
my. mail id is taariqriaz@hotmail.com

dr aynee
10-31-2010, 06:21 AM
aoa dr naveed plz send me those 700 mcqs at thebeautiful85@gmail.com i have to appear in fcps part 1 in feb 2011 i have to appear in obs n gynae
i shall b v thankful to u
dr. anum

HUSSAIN
11-19-2010, 04:46 AM
ASLAM O ELIKUM.
I AM GOING TO APEAR IN FCPS-1 IN FEB 2011.
I AM APPEARING IN MEDICINE.
PLEASE EMAIL ME MCQs AND LINKS FOR IT.
My EMAIL hussain.2008.pk@gmail.com

Regards,
DR. HUSSAIN

drabiakhan
11-28-2010, 03:51 AM
dr naveed can u plz if possible send me the links to those 700 questions which u hav recommended for part 1 prep.v v thankful.
drabiakhan@hotmail.com

towhid2011
12-14-2010, 06:27 PM
DEAR NAVEED HAIDER,

HAPPY NEW YEAR. Currently I am living in Bangladesh. How can I buy Murad & other MCQ Books related to ophthalmology from here. please help me . also please send the 700 MCQ'S in the following e-mail address: towhidanwar@ymail.com as soon as possible.

With Regards--
DR.MD.TOWHID ANWAR
DHAKA, BANGLADESH.

towhid2011
12-14-2010, 06:31 PM
DEAR NAVEED HAIDER,

HAPPY NEW YEAR. Currently I am living in Bangladesh. How can I buy Murad & other MCQ Books related to ophthalmology from here. please help me . also please send the 700 MCQ'S in the following e-mail address: towhidanwar@ymail.com as soon as possible.

With Regards--
DR.MD.TOWHID ANWAR
DHAKA, BANGLADESH.

adnan
01-20-2011, 02:58 PM
can someone please email me the links for online past papers plz help will be appreciated plz email me at

cancer_khan37@hotmail.com

Thanx thnx thnx thnx thnx thnx..alooooooooooooootttttttt..plxx