+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MSPE Basics

Default MSPE Basics

Medical School Performance Evaluation

MSPE formats vary from institute to institute. I'm giving links to some sample MSPEs for reference.

http://medicine.nova.edu/comsas/forms/sample_mspe.pdf

http://www.uic.edu/depts/mcam/osa/ca...te_generic.pdf

http://medschool.ucsf.edu/profession...eers/mspe.aspx

You do not need an MSPE to apply for any step exam. MSPE is required by ERAS when you apply for the residency match. There is no requirement regarding the date of issue of MSPE. It could be issued anytime once you have graduated.

Question

Plz clear the doubts

1.Is graphical comparison of the candidates marks/clinical performance mandatory? what impact it has?

2.Should it be restricted only to curricular activities like or even research activities can be included in the unique characteristics of the candidate?
    Thanx in advance

1.Is graphical comparison of the candidates marks/clinical performance mandatory? what impact it has?
    Not mandatory. If it's there, it's good... otherwise no issues at all. Most of our institutes give simple ones without graphs etc.

2.Should it be restricted only to curricular activities like or even research activities can be included in the unique characteristics of the candidate?
    If you have extra stuff on your resume, it can be mentioned as additional comments. Would help you!

... although MSPEs and local LoRs are usually not trusted much and they rely more on our scores and USCE, US LoRs if any, and interview etc.

hi naeem, this is sravan. i have aquestion reg MSPE. I am applying for this match. If i send my MSPE in mid-september when exactly do i need to assign it to the programs i apply, is it when i apply in september itself or only after my MSPE gets scanned? please throw some light into this issue

Sorry Naeem bhai for the repost[ i have earlier posted this in your orkut scrapbook]. i am posting it here so that others can see the reply

Thanks for caring for others

You can assign the MSPE once it gets scanned.

Is it possible to leave out a comparison of your Marks with those of your classmates in all forms in an MSPE

The problem is that although I have good knowledge. I have never been in the top half in my class in exams. I have even had to repeat an exam while in college. I improved my knowledge after leaving college when I read every book on every subject thoroughly and many times. I have scored 99/256 in my step 1. But have failed my CS. I am worried that a bad MSPE will worsen my chances.

In the CV I have sent many programs for an observership, I have written that I am ranked 19th in my class during my MBBS. That is false.

I am worried that an MSPE might nail me.

There is no standard format for MSPE. Every school has it's own format so you can modify it in consultation with your institution... if they agree to leave the comparisons part.

+ Reply to Thread