+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TRAS Exam. How to begin with it?

Thanx for the correction.
    NAVEED HAIDER

dear dr, Naveed!
    plz mail to me the link for 700 MCQ for FCPS part 1 prepartion, do you think it will also help the dental graduates in preparing for part 1 exams... thankx a million for this favor. for sure God will be rewarded you for this good deed
    thanx again

Quote Originally Posted by adnanchoudhry View Post
    But what are the prospects after clearing this exam? What is the ratio of Candidates clearing the MCQ and OSCE exam?

What are the job opportunites after clearing both parts of the TRAS?

Almost in every medicine related fields desis are working.you will get a job of Medical Officer/you can work on locums as well,its up to you,even you can get into their Fellowship program.
    Passing ratio is quite excellent/easier than PLAB.

Is the situation quite same like UK? Can we get Observership or externship their in Ireland after the MCQ exam?

Now situation is quite good in UK.

you can do observership without exams but for externship you must have license in your hands.

Does the clinical experience of Ireland carries some weightage when we apply for Match in US?

Definitely yaar,if you have a chance for some experience in Ireland,go for it
    I would like to ask that how to begin with the licensing exam of Ireland, i.e TRAS. can you tell me requirements for exam.
    can we give part one before we get our degree like step 1.

hello everyone. m an undergraduate currently in my second year of MBBS at Dow medical college, Karachi. i'm currently involved in several research projects as i know this is favorable for my CV when applying for USMLE matching. but is this the same for TRAS/PRES? i mean from this stage how should i go about developing my CV for a good matching in Ireland?

Research and publications help you wherever you apply!

thank you for the response. i'm also confused whether to actually consider the option of USMLE over PRES exams. can someone guide me if it's really a good idea? in USMLE the process of matching means a certain payed job in US. does clearing the TRAS/PRES exam means the same?

Clearing TRAS does not mean the same.
    Clearing USMLE also does not guarantee the residency... matching is a process that follows USMLE. Success rate in match is around 50%

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2